Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pete Ashdown's Journal

Pete Ashdown's Journal

1. The blog I read was about a response to Senator Hatch's energy policy. Pete Ashdown wrote how he thinks Congressional efforts for clean, domestic, renewable energy are valued but those enahnces need to be increase enough to match the support of oil. He also says that we need more Mike Strizki's, enerygy efficient scientist, to fully complete our energy policy but our lack of makes him believe we will fail as a self efficient country.

2. This blog differed greatly from the other blogs I have been following. It is a entirely new spectrum that I thought I would never associate with. The blogs I started out with were something that I have read in magazines and classical celebrity gossip, or my favorite TV show. This blog however, was more formal and cognizant.

3. In the blog, the issue stated was not clearly stated so I had to do a little research to understand what he was talking about. I liked how Ashdown backed up his argument with facts and different ways you can approach the issue. I totally agree with his blog. I believe that science based thinkers should be the ones making decisions on what power sources we choose to develop and start navigating away from the oil based companies. They are just adding unnecessary taxes and spending way too much on developments in alternative power that the oil based companies are stepping all over. We need to budget our spending right and find a better way to be self efficient.

1 comment:

LCorti said...

woah nat! Big words...but this is an interesting topic. I also fpund that while searching through my blog, it was much more formal and informational. It also served a purpose beyond feeding desperate minds with celeb gossip. I'm glad to see you're a supporter of our enviornment and want to see renewable energy tka eits course.